Happy Wednesday! Love Wednesdays. I’m really a firm believer in the power of Hump day, ya know?
And today is an extra special Wednesday on my little blog because Amber at PB & PRs has nominated me for The Liebster! I was so happy and flattered when I got a little shout out at the end of her blog. Amber is SO fast and so cool and so lovely, so definitely check out her blog.
The Liebster award is neat because it’s targeted to smaller blogs (fewer than 200 followers). It’s a great way for people to find other blogs out there. I know I’ll be checking out a few more! I already added Run Salt Run to my reader just from poking around the award trail.
These are the rules for the award:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you feel could use some blogging love!
- Let all of the bloggers know you’ve nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you’ve nominated.
Here are Amber’s questions for me:
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
I hate when people scrape their teeth against their spoon or fork. It drives me up a wall, but I feel like I can never tell people to stop (unless it’s my sister). It’s an oddly specific annoyance that for some reason doesn’t seem to affect anyone else!
- What’s something you never leave the house without?
Hand lotion during these winter months. I have horribly dry skin, and I pee all the time, so I’m constantly washing my hands. My hands crack and bleed if I go even a few hours without some lotion, so I always double check my bag to make sure I have it.
- What’s your favorite meal to make?
I’m a huge fan of crock pot meals. I also love making oatmeal creations. I’d love to do more intensive/actual cooking if I had a little more time. Someday down the road, maybe!
- Why did you start running?
I just loved it. I ran the mile for the first time in 4th grade, and I never really looked back. I joined my middle school cross country team as early as I could. I ran competitively for 10 years after that (with a one year hiatus), and now I’m figuring out how to run on my own.
- What was your favorite vacation you’ve taken?
We never did big family vacations, and I honestly hate traveling. But I do have a couple of really close friends who live in California, so it’s always great to visit them.
- What’s your day job?
I’m a 5th and 6th grade reading and social studies associate teacher, which is basically a student teaching program. LOVE my kiddos, and I’m crossing my fingers for my own classroom come fall!
- If you moved to another country, which one would it be?
Hmmmm I haven’t been too many places, so I’m not really sure. Not anywhere too different, probably. I do love hockey, so maybe Canada? I’ve also always been very intrigued by Switzerland for some reason.
- Do you prefer the beach, or the mountains?
I think the beach is OK for an afternoon, but for a long trip, I’d definitely pick the mountains.
- What’s your favorite quote?
I LOVE quotes, but this one is my all-time favorite.
“The roses under my window make no reference to former roses or better ones; they are what they are; they exist with God today. There is no time to them. There is simply the rose; it is perfect in every moment of its existence.”
- What’s your favorite book?
HARDEST QUESTION EVER. I love to read, and I have so many different favorites. But when forced to choose, I will always say the Sloppy Firsts series by Meg McCafferty. (and no, you can’t make me pick one of the books from the series).
- Do you collect anything? If so, what?
Nothing too weird. I did collect the 50 state quarters when I was a kid, and I still have them all. Also, books.
11 random facts about me:
- I love it when I see my birthday time on the clock. And no, that’s not the time I was born. I was born on April 27, so whenever I see 4:27, I get irrationally excited.
- My college mascot is the Diplomats. (Franklin & Marshall College…Ben Franklin and John Marshall…GET IT???)
- My favorite song is You and I Both by Jason Mraz
- I love Chapstick.
- Before totaling my car a couple of weeks ago, I had never been in a fender bender or gotten a ticket. Alas.
- I went to summer camp for 8 years as a kid, and it is one of my very favorite life experiences. Camp Hayward will always have a very special place in my heart.
- My initials spell ART! (which I always felt the need to tell my art teachers)
- I played the flute for 11 years. I stopped playing in the spring when I graduated. I kind of miss it, kind of don’t. Maybe I’ll pick it up again someday.
- I was in a sorority in college, which was a great way for me to make friends and branch out. I don’t feel a whole lot of identity with the national Kappa Delta sorority, but I made some of my best college friends through the experience.
- I love chick flicks. My favorite movie is 27 Dresses, but I love them all! The remake of Footloose, Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, High School Musical, She’s the Man. I could go on.
- Celebrity crushes: Usher, Zac Efron, Orlando Bloom, Justin Timberlake. Among others.
I have 3 nominations: My friends Taylor at Taste of Taylor and Hannah at Hannah Writes About Stuff. They are both getting their masters in Public Health, so they have lots of healthy living tips! And finally, Taryn at Peace and Pizza. I consider her one of my first blogging friends!
My questions for you lovelies:
- What is your favorite memory from high school?
- What’s your go-to guilty pleasure song?
- If you could do anything for a year, with no concerns about money or upsetting your career path, what would you do?
- Did you ever keep a journal? What did you write about it in it?
- Is there a book that you re-read every year?
- What trait do you most admire in other people?
- Is there a college class you never got to take but wish you did?
- If you had $1000 to spend on random stuff (it can’t be practical!!), what would you buy?
- Favorite pizza toppings?
- Favorite Pinterest recipe you’ve tried?
- What do you do when you’re having a bad day?
Thanks again, Amber! You da cutest 🙂