Happy Thursday, friends!
I’m linking up with Amanda for another Thinking Out Loud. Check out the other people who link up with her! It’s a great way to get inside someone’s head. Random thoughts are the best.
I’ll number mine because I can.
1. Dexter from This Lullaby is precious. I am a huge Sarah Dessen fan, but for some reason, I hadn’t saved my copy of This Lullaby when I went through a giant cleanse of YA/kid lit books a few years ago. I just borrowed it from the library to have on hand for emergency stress-relief reading, and damn was it good.
2. I am in love with many a fictional man. Dexter is near the top right now, but Wes from The Truth About Forever will always be my #1 Dessen man. I also love Kevin from 27 Dresses, Ben from Parks and Rec, Matt Saracen from Friday Night Lights, Marcus from Sloppy Firsts, Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights, Drew from Parenthood. And those are just the ones that pop to mind immediately. Sigh.
3. Random transition from swoon-fest. I’m digging this quote right now: “It’s always better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than the top of one you don’t.” I’ve been feeling frustrated and kind of unchallenged at work lately, but I know that in the end, I’m in the right field for me and I have the potential to climb. Remembering that will keep me going for the next few weeks, I hope.
4. Let’s throw in another quote, since I love them so much! (Side thought: I might have to make a page for my favorite quotes. I don’t have nearly enough pages. I think?) We’ll go with one from Amy Poehler: “No one looks stupid when they’re having fun.” A good reminder to go back to my dancing resolution for the month! Rock out to this one if you need a mood booster.
5. I pulled that song from a Spotify playlist called “Going Out” that I made in college. It is quite the eclectic mix. Some other gems: Blow by Ke$ha, Baby by the Biebs, Hot in Herre by Nelly, Juliet by LMNT, She Wolf by Shakira. Wahoooo take me back.
6. Stomach bugs are the worst. I had a snow day yesterday, but I stayed in bed all day because of a nasty virus going around school. The biggest perk: I watched all three High School Musicals. They’re awesome.
That’s it for me! Hope you’re having a great week!