I’m linking up with Amanda for another Thinking Out Loud post.
But this one has a special theme because it is GALENTINE’S DAY!!
What is Galentine’s Day, you ask? First of all, you should set yourself up with Netflix and prepare to binge watch all of Parks and Recreation because it will change your life.
And if you’ve already done that, then you know that Galentine’s Day is Leslie’s way to celebrate all of her gal pals in her life on February 13th, aka a day that can be a tad depressing for some. GALENTINE’S DAY TO THE RESCUE!
In all honesty, there are not enough days dedicated to celebrating our friends. Yes, romantic partners are important, and you can (and should) celebrate any and all types of love on Valentine’s Day. If, however, there’s already a Leslie Knope approved way to add a little extra lovin’ to your week, why not jump on board?
And in that spirit, here are my random thoughts about Galentine’s Day:
- Buzzfeed nailed it twice. See here and here. (although the 2nd might put you in danger of becoming a little too intoxicated if you’re, you know, working or something)
- What a great chance to take advantage of the chocolate that is everywhere! Buy a bag and give some to your gal pals…while hoarding a few for yourself, obviously.
- Get in touch with friends you haven’t talked to in a while. I know it’s hard to keep up with all my gal pals from high school and college now that we’re all in different places, but this is a perfect opportunity to end an emoji field group text or barrage a Facebook message with tons of stickers.
- Spread the love to the little girls you know in your life! As a teacher, I know I’m psyched to tell my girlies that it’s February 13, aka the day to celebrate friendship and girl power.
- Girl power is still a cool phrase and should be used more frequently.
- Call your sister! Call your mom! For me, those are 2 of the most important gals I have in my life, and I want them to feel the extra Galentine’s Day love.
- If you spread the cheer, the cheer will come back to you. Use today as a chance to be extra happy and loving so that those who are single and maybe a little sad feel brighter. And maybe for your friends in relationships, you can help them destress. Valentine’s Day stressed me out SO MUCH when I had a boyfriend. What is an appropriate Valentine’s Day gift for a guy?? I have yet to figure it out.
But overall, ladies, just tell your gals you love them. Life would not be the same without them. And to you, my small but faithful blogger gal pals, HAPPIEST OF GALENTINE’S DAYS!! I love you all to the moon and back.